GREENVILLE, S.C., Dec. 4, 2017 – For the third consecutive holiday season, Michelin North America, Inc. (Michelin), is recognizing the people in the transportation industry who work “like busy elves” behind the scenes to make the holidays memorable. Michelin marks the season with its #KeepThanksMoving conversation in social and digital media and encourages people to share this appreciation via Facebook and Twitter.
“Making the holidays memorable takes a lot of people, a lot of energy and a lot of miles to get the food, presents, packages and people to their destinations. Getting ready for the holidays is always a busy time, and so many transportation professionals are responsible for making the holidays special. Most of these people operate vehicles — and not sleighs — in order to get this important work done so that all of us can enjoy this festive time,” said Ralph Dimenna, chief operating officer for Michelin Americas Truck Tires division. “Our hats are off to their dedication.”
Consider these mobility examples that drive the holidays home:
- Approximately 25‒30 million live Christmas trees are grown on 15,000 farms in all 50 states and Canada, then harvested and delivered to retailers and households.1
- Responsibly harvested wood is a sustainable source of heat and yuletide cheer in the 41 million wood stoves and wood-burning fireplaces used throughout the U.S.2
- Since the world’s first string of Christmas lights was displayed by Thomas Edison on New Years’ Eve in 1879 at his Menlo Park, N. J., laboratory,3 landmark holiday light displays now attract festive onlookers to such far-flung driving destinations as Frankenmuth, Mich.; Jackson, Wyo.; Williamsburg, Va.; Ogunquit, Maine; Natchitoches, La.; Pine Mountain, Ga.; and Asheville, N.C.
- 826 million pieces of mail are processed daily during the holiday season. But on the busiest mailing day of the year, estimated to arrive on Dec. 15, 960 million pieces of mail are processed. 214,500 delivery vehicles transport holiday cheer to your front door.4
- 2 million volunteers deliver more than meals for Meals on Wheels — they also deliver smiles and safety checks to senior adults who welcome the visits especially during the holidays.5
Join Michelin in giving thanks to all of the dedicated people who deliver holiday happiness each year. A “Thank You” card can be downloaded from Michelinmedia.com to share your gratitude for these special individuals who drive the holidays home for all of us. Together, let’s #KEEPTHANKSMOVING.
About MICHELIN NORTH AMERICA
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America, Inc. (www.michelinman.com) employs more than 22,650 and operates 20 major manufacturing plants. To learn more about truck tires and services, visit www.michelintruck.com.
For more information, contact:
Mary Ann Kotlarich
Michelin North America
Email: Maryfirstname.lastname@example.org | www.michelinmedia.com