GREENVILLE, S.C., May 1, 2019 — Michelin is launching the MICHELIN® RoadBib tractor tire, available in two sizes, to make tractors more versatile and as effective on road as off.
The RoadBib is an exceptional fit for uses such as manure and silage hauling; spraying and spreading tasks; and public works projects where the tractor travels more miles on the road than in the field.
“This new tractor tire answers the call for long life, fuel savings, operator comfort and exceptional road handling,” said David Graden, agriculture operational marketing manager for Michelin North America. “Michelin answers all of these road-use performance challenges in one tire solution.”
This directional tire is designed to achieve:
- reduced fuel consumption through low rolling resistance, with fuel savings up to 5 percent1
- exceptional wear, with 25 percent improvement in tire life2
- improved road handling with 20 percent more rubber contacting the ground3 and an optimized tread pattern for long tire life
- great ride comfort through sculpture configuration that limits cabin vibration and sound impact
The MICHELIN RoadBib has a revolutionary new tread design. Instead of a traditional lugged tire, it features 52 blocks with a wide footprint and a shallow tread. The tire has a plain, central rib that protects against soil crushing, reduces plant damage and provides comfort on the road. The tire also offers a wear indicator and accepts studs for specific applications.
The RoadBib will be offered in a 600/70R30 size for the front axle and a 710/70R42 for the rear axle. For more information on MICHELIN tires, visit www.MichelinAg.com or contact your local Michelin Agriculture tire dealer.
About MICHELIN NORTH AMERICA
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.
For more information, contact:
Mary Ann Kotlarich
Michelin North America
Email: Maryemail@example.com | www.michelinmedia.com
1) Estimated fuel consumption gain based on Michelin's rolling resistance measurements in June 2018, on a 125hp Massey Ferguson 6470 tractor pulling a 19-ton trailer on a 710/70R42 size, same conditions of use. Certified by the Michelin Technology Center, France. Detailed methodology in articles published at Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), 2008-01-0154 and 2010-01-0763.2) Internal Michelin testing at Ladoux 2017, compared to MICHELIN MachXBib.
2) Up to +10% on dry wheat stubble after harvest and dry meadow and up to +6% on wet soil. Traction tests carried out on Michelin's request between August and November 2017, under the usual use conditions adapted on tires of the same size. Certified by the Michelin Technology Center, France.
3) Based on internal testing to the MICHELIN MachXBIB.